Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THEY LOOK HOMEMADE CAUSE THEY ARE...

I need the novella royale bells like NOW! These are just awful wannabes.

 OH , YES!!! They sure look good from a distance! They also look fabulous in this foggy romantic lighting. I may actually pass for a cool chick.
OOOh then this happens. Let me show you a little secret. The fly/ crotch is horrifying. Not only is it like a mile long...  but they barely staying up thanks to a purple shoe lace. When I sit you can see my entire rear. Thus the mullet tank top to cover such hideous visuals.
 This is me posing super cool.
 This is me showing that PARSON'S won't be calling me anytime soon. Unfinished hems. TSK TSK. What can I say I have never sewn pants before.


Why did I attempt to make my own pants? Well let me puh-lease tell you. This super rad brand named Novella Royale make these kick bomb pants here. But I can not seem to find them anywhere else online. On twitter they said that they were completely sold out. GOOD FOR THEM. BAD FOR ME. This was my attempt at holding myself over until they gave me a pair I could find the ones I want. Which are really the Lapis Santorini. So if you ever spot them do me a solid and buy em for me mmmk (even if they are some funky pattern)! Until then I will attempt to figure out how to keep my junk in the trunk of these.

{Mullet tank forever21, Pants by me, purple shoe lace crew cuts ha!, shoes Jessica Simpson, Jewelry forever21}

6 comments:

two birds said...

pretty amazing for making them yourself...even without a proper hem and waist-closure. i'm very impressed!

Layered Black said...

ha! Thanks. They were definitely cuter in my head :)

Ashley said...

Haha! If you wouldn't have pointed it out, I don't think I would have even noticed how rough they are. Still, I think you did a pretty good job...I can't sew anything but pillows (and even those look pretty poor), so naturally, I'm impressed that you were able to pull these off. And they still look cool in my opinion!

P.S. Lovely blog, you guys! I followed.

April said...

Yeah, I can't even get the crotch to work out on baby pants, and there's a diaper involved! :) They look great from afar, especially paired with that top. And on your years-long legs! Success? Maybe not. But definitely not a failure!

Layered Black said...

april, haha maybe these would look better if I wore a diaper! Thank you though, I suppose you are right... they aren't a failure, considering:)

Karrisa_T said...

Wow! You made your own pants?!? That's pretty cool. The silhouette accentuates your looooong legs. I think you did a great job. :)