Thursday, May 19, 2011

down at the pond




Don't you just love how my legs look blotchy? One would think that I broke down and got self-tanner. No way I hate that orange stuff. It is just my natural melanin crying out for the sun to come and save me! Since the sun has been MIA lately I will just have to sit tight and brave wearing shorts anyhow. Even if that means blinding the people who chose are forced to cast their eyes upon me. Besides... not having any color is giving me this nice monochromatic look from head to toe (not speaking of my outfit). Monochromatic is still in style isn't it?!

Definition of monochromatic thanks to wikipedia** Monochromatic color schemes are derived from a single base hue, and extended using its shades, tones and tints As a result, the energy is more subtle and peaceful due to a lack of contrast of hue. Monochromatic color schemes may be considered boring unless there is diversity within the design.  Yep, stick with us and we will teach you all kinds of stuff  just to make us feel better about ourselves.
PS don't you love my shorts hiked up grandpa style?? I do!

Shorts: Forever21
Shirt: LnA
Kimono/Blazer: elizabeth and james
Shoes: Soda
Trouser Socks: JCrew
Belt: bebe
Necklace: BCBG MaxAzria
Sunnies: street vendor in soho

2 comments:

Beckerman Girls said...

the photography on your blog (and the fashion... obvs) is so beautiful!!!

Layered Black said...

thank you so much! It definitely helps with the looks:)